Water-soluble oil paints
(also known as water-mixable oils or water-miscible oils) are oil paints that can be diluted and cleaned with water, rather than solvents. Paint solvent-free with water-mixable oils
. Easy cleanup, no solvent needed and they also dry faster in general than traditional oils and are thus great for travel, or underpainting with "lean" layers. Water soluble oils have been developed to emulate traditional oil color and work well for:
- Oil painters who are sensitive to or want to avoid exposure to solvents such as mineral spirits or turpentine.
- Easy cleanup, no solvent needed and they also dry faster in general than traditional oils
- Students and teachers in schools and colleges where the use of oil paint is prohibited because of solvents.
- Artists working in a shared studio space where the build up of solvent levels could lead to a harmful concentration of vapors and an unpleasant odor.
- Artists who work within a small home environment and wish to reduce the odor of oil painting.
- Artists that travel can transport these paints on airplanes subject to the approval of the airline.
Shop Jerry’s Artarama for the best supplies at the best value. We carry an extensive selection of paints and brushes including oil paint
, watercolor paint
, oil and acrylic painting brushes
and more. We save artists money and every order is packed with care and consideration to ensure your order arrives quickly and accurately. Find all the art supplies you need at Jerry’s!