Showing All Water-Soluble Oils
Sort Grid List
LUKAS Berlin PRO Artists Water Mixable Oil Paints & Sets
Starting At: $4.29
From Price $4.29
To Price $175.49
Marie's Water Mixable Oil Color Set of 18, 12ml Tubes
Starting At: $19.83
Cobra Artists' Water-Mixable Oils & Sets by Talens
Starting At: $7.99
From Price $7.99
To Price $98.49
LUKAS Berlin PRO Artists Water Mixable Oil Painting Mediums
Starting At: $11.85
Royal Talens Cobra Painting Varnishes
Starting At: $9.79
Winsor & Newton Artisan Water Mixable Oil Mediums
Starting At: $6.83
From Price $6.83
To Price $16.41
Cobra Water-Mixable Oil Painting Mediums
Starting At: $7.59
From Price $7.59
To Price $18.89
Why Use Water Soluble Oil Paints?
Water-soluble oil paints (also known as water-mixable oils or water-miscible oils) are oil paints that can be diluted and cleaned with water, rather than solvents. Paint solvent-free with water-mixable oils. Easy cleanup, no solvent needed and they also dry faster in general than traditional oils and are thus great for travel, or underpainting with "lean" layers. Water soluble oils have been developed to emulate traditional oil color and work well for:
- Oil painters who are sensitive to or want to avoid exposure to solvents such as mineral spirits or turpentine.
- Easy cleanup, no solvent needed and they also dry faster in general than traditional oils
- Students and teachers in schools and colleges where the use of oil paint is prohibited because of solvents.
- Artists working in a shared studio space where the build up of solvent levels could lead to a harmful concentration of vapors and an unpleasant odor.
- Artists who work within a small home environment and wish to reduce the odor of oil painting.
- Artists that travel can transport these paints on airplanes subject to the approval of the airline.
Already a customer ? Sign in now for the best experience!