Goldenritt Sketchwriter Ink Converter
The ink converter can be used to draw up ink or can be used with water to clean the nib of the pen. The converter twist knob moves a piston up and down to create the vacuum suction that draws ink into the pen converter. You might purchase this extra converter for use with one of seven Goldenritt Ink colors.
Steps for filling the converter with ink
1. First, insert the converter into your pen's nib section.
2. Dip the nib into the ink. Make sure that the entire nib is submerged, or you will not be able to draw up ink.
3. Twist the knob to lower the piston and expel air from the converter. You should notice air bubbles escaping from the pen as you do this.
4. Twist to raise the piston and draw ink into the enclosure. You may notice that some air is still in the converter when the piston is fully raised. That is normal.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the converter is loaded with ink or until air bubbles no longer come out of the nib during step 3.
6. Use a paper towel to wipe the ink off of the nib and grip section.
7. Reattach the barrel, and you are ready to write!