Stable, traditional, natural — the perfect professional painting panel!
Artist favorite Ampersand, makers of fine professional painting panels, have recently developed their new line of Natural Wood Panels in the tradition of old world masters and artists who prefer a natural choice. Hand crafted from 5mm thick basswood plywood mounted onto dimensionally stable, solid basswood cradles, these panels are moisture and warp resistant, and provide the perfect substrate for paintings and mixed media artwork of virtually any kind!
Sanded to a perfectly smooth, splinter-free finish, these sturdy panels are ready to seal, prime, and paint however you choose. Prime with a clear gesso to let the wood grain show through, or paint like the old masters on a ground of rabbit skin glue and chalk. Natural Wood Panels are the ideal substrate for brittle media like egg tempera, casein, and encaustic, and you can even paint the sides of the cradle for frameless presentation. Paint naturally — on Natural Wood Panels from Ampersand!
- Sturdy 5mm thick basswood plywood panels with solid basswood cradles
- Sanded completely smooth to a consistent, even finish
- Dimensionally stable, moisture and warp-resistant
- Ready to seal, prime, and paint!
- Paintable edges for easy frameless presentation
- Available in 7/8" and 1-1/2" depths
- Great for brittle media like tempera, casein, and encaustic
- Perfect for any painter or mixed media artist looking for a traditional, professional surface!