Centurion OP DLX - Oil Primed Linen Canvas
- Specifically designed for oil paints
- Master quality 11 oz. weight linen canvas will last hundreds of years
- Kiln-dried pine wood stretcher bars for strength and durability
- Non-absorbent, enhanced oil primer allows for brilliant results
- Fine, all purpose natural weave surface
- Back-stapled to allow for keying or re-stretching (keys included)
- Four paintable edges for frameless presentation
- Available in pads, panels, 0.67", 0.75" and 0.87" depths
Suggested Use: For use with Oil Paints
As an oil colorist it is important to work on oil primed surfaces and not universal primed surfaces. The reason is that universal primed survices are semi-absorbent. Gesso is absorbent even if it is plate smooth. Granted it is not highly absorbant but the fact remains that some oil will get into the primer and flatten the image. You can get around this by using an underpainting oil ground on top of the surface of a universal ground canvas but this is very time consuming and expensive. Unlike universal ground, our oil priming chemically bonds with the oil paint and is non-absorbent allowing the paint to sit up on the surface with the correct refraction quality of the oil binder. If you use any high quality oil color we urge you to use an oil primed surface and now we make it affordable!
Our Centurion canvas is used throughout the world by serious artists ranging from dedicated students to the most world famous artists. It is the teachers and famous artists that asked us to try to come up with an oil primed linen canvas that if affordable. Not only did we wow them with quality but we also wowed them with the final price. You can buy Centuron Oil Primed canvas mounted to hardboard 3mm panels, in canvas pads that can be stapled or taped to painting boards, in rolls for stretching your own canvas and in an Elite style stretched canvas engineered to maintain the integrity of the canvas even in the largest sizes.