Professional, high quality tools for smoothing, scoring, manipulating, and texturing encaustic paints!
Sculpture House, makers of fine sculpting and clay tools since 1883, have now turned their considerable knowledge and expertise to crafting fine, professional tools specifically for encaustic painters. Working closely with encaustic artists and well-known paint manufacturers, Sculpture House developed their new line of Encaustic Fine Arts tools, a range of accessories for achieving virtually any desired effect in encaustic painting! Use these sturdy, stainless and high carbon steel professional tools to texture, score, scrape, smooth, scoop, and otherwise manipulate any encaustic paint film, whether cold or hot. Enhance your ability to layer, texturize, smooth, and build up surfaces with these fantastic Encaustic Fine Arts Tools from Sculpture House!
- Spatulas – Available in either Thin or Medium widths with flexible stainless steel blades and balanced wooden handles. The flexibility of the blades allows for easy manipulation of melted encaustic paints.
- Loops – Available in either Scraper style for leveling, or wire-wrapped Texture styles for carving away wax with a toothy finish. Made from high carbon steel with a balanced wooden handle.
- Scrapers – Available in either Straight style, for uniform scraping and smoothing of an encaustic surface to a glasslike finish, or Tooth style, for creating evenly spaced scores, textures, or crosshatches. Made from durable stainless steel with a solid welded handle. The Freedom Straight Scraper, with its generous 6" cutting edge, is especially well suited for leveling large areas.
- Double-Ended Tools – These stainless steel tools feature two ends for varying uses. The Texture tool has fine teeth on one end, and medium teeth on the other, for achieving detailed scrapes and textures in encaustic surfaces. The Scoop tool has 2 differently sized spoon-like ends, enabling the artist to "pool" encaustic paint in either end.
- Burnisher – This double-ended burnisher is made from carbon steel that has been chrome plated to slide easily over encaustic paints. With curved and rounded smooth edges, it is ideal for manipulating and smoothing wax surfaces with the utmost control.
- Sets – With Basic and Advanced tool sets, any encaustic artist, whether beginner or experienced, can start their collection of Sculpture House Encaustic Fine Arts tools quickly and easily! The Basic Set comes with a Bullnose Loop Texture, a Double-End Texture, a 7-Tooth Scraper, a Medium Straight Scraper, and a Medium Spatula, all rolled up in a convenient canvas case. The Advanced Tool Set includes Skew Texture, Double-End Texture, Loop Scraper, Chrome Burnisher, Medium Straight Scraper, 7-Tooth Scraper, and Medium Spatula tools all in a lovely leather roll.