As the original line of paints from GOLDEN, these Heavy Body acrylics are known to be exceptionally smooth with a thick, buttery consistency. They contain the largest assortment of unique pure pigments in a 100% acrylic emulsion vehicle available to the professional artist. These colors offer excellent permanency and lightfastness. There are no fillers, extenders, opacifiers, toners, or dyes added.
Each Heavy Body color is formulated differently depending on the nature of the pigment. Colors that tolerate higher pigment "loads" dry to a more opaque, matte finish. Colors that are more reactive and do not accept high pigment loading, dry to a glossy finish and tend to be more transparent. Heavy Body colors contain no additives, such as matting agents, therefore the gloss of each color will be different.
- NEW! Color Mixing Classic Theory Set of 8 - This great new set of Heavy Body Acrylics from GOLDEN is the perfect introduction to color theory! This selection provides a balanced approach between opaque & transparent effects central to classical techniques. Includes 2 oz. tubes of Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red Light, Prussian Blue Hue, Indian Yellow Hue, Alizarin Crimson Hue, and Ultramarine Blue, as well as a Color Mixing Guide.
- Color Mixing Modern Theory Set of 8 - This great new set of Heavy Body Acrylics from GOLDEN is the perfect introduction to color theory! Based on a modern selection of Organic pigments, these colors were expressly chosen to provide the artist with a complete resource for learning color mixing and creating a wide range of clean and intense color blends. Set includes eight 2 oz. tubes, one each of Hansa Yellow Light, Hansa Yellow Medium, Naphthol Red Light, Quinacridone Magenta, Anthraquinone Blue, Phthalo Blue (Green Shade), Phthalo Green (Blue Shade) and Titanium White, as well as a Color Mixing Guide.
- Introductory Set of 6 - This set of Professional GOLDEN Heavy Body Acrylics provides an excellent introduction into the working properties of a professional quality, purely pigmented, Heavy Body acrylic paint. Set includes six 22ml tubes in a reusable plastic case: Naphthol Red Light, Hansa Yellow Medium, Titanium White, Mars Black, Permanent Green Light, and Ultramarine Blue.
- Principal Set of 6 - The 6 GOLDEN Heavy Body Acrylics in this set can provide the foundation for the professional acrylic painter working with heavy body viscosity paint. The larger tube size gives an ample supply of paint for exploring many mixing and application possibilities. Includes 60ml tubes of: Phthalo Blue (Green Shade), Hansa Yellow Medium, Quinacridone Magenta, Titanium White, Carbon Black, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), and a Heavy Body Application Guide.
- NEW! Uncommon Blues Set of 3 - This special limited edition set features 3 of GOLDEN's unique blue shades of Heavy Body Acrylics, an excellent introduction to these beautiful pigments. Includes one 22ml tube each of Anthraquinone Blue, Smalt Blue Hue, and Cerulean Blue Deep. But hurry, this special set is only available while supplies last!
Please note: The items on this page are available at the Best Lowest Price Possible and no further discounts can be applied.