The ultimate linen canvas for oil color artists!
Beginning with only the finest quality long-yarn linen fibers, Paris canvas is woven into a medium weight fabric with a 42 TPI warp and 40 TPI weft. The linen is hand washed and pumiced to a lovely even surface, then coated with a layer of glue sizing and three coats of archival, non-yellowing, off-white oil primer, and is hand-sanded between coats for ideal adhesion. This oil primer is specially formulated to produce beautiful results with oil paints: as it is non-absorbent, the oils in the paint are allowed to sit up on the surface, making for luminous, refractive effects only possible with oil paints used on the proper ground. Once primed and dried, the canvas is stretched onto innovatively designed solid pine stretcher bars — instead of the standard tongue-and-groove join of regular stretcher bars, these bars feature slot-lap joins that are far less likely to go out of square. In addition, the 1" deep by 2-1/4" wide stretchers offer more support to the canvas, as the bulk of the size is in the width. Larger size canvases also feature 3/4" deep by 2-1/4" wide cross braces for added support.
- Deluxe, classic European-style stretched linen canvas
- Linen is hand-washed and pumiced for a fine surface
- Luxurious non-absorbent, non-yellowing, off white oil primer
- Hand-sanded between coats for excellent adhesion
- Innovative stretcher and cross bar system stays square
- Meticulously inspected at each stage of manufacture
- The finest painting support for oil colors, crafted without compromise!
The canvas is wrapped onto the stretchers and tacked along the sides with traditional copper tacks, a method that distributes the stress of the canvas more securely and ensures the strength of the stretching over time. The overlapping canvas corners are not cut, but folded carefully, and excess canvas is stapled onto the back of the stretcher frame, making for easy re-stretching if ever necessary. Once finished, each canvas is individually inspected and only once inspection is passed is it stamped with the Paris logo on the back of the product. Finally, cardboard corner protectors are added to prevent damage in shipping or storage, so the canvas that arrives to you is perfect in every way.
- Finest medium weight long yarn linen canvas
- Weight: 10.3 oz. - Really Strong Linen
- Heavy duty 1"D x 2-1/4"W pine stretchers
- Interlocked stretcher joint keeps canvas square
- Copper tacks along outer edge, stapled on back
- 1 layer of glue sizing and 3 coats of fine oil primer
- Includes 8 wood tightening pegs
- Corrugated corners for protection during transport
- Brilliant results with oil colors
- Archival works designed to last
- Excellent adhesion of oils in thick or thin layers
- Easy re-stretching if ever necessary
- Adding a charming, classic, hand-made quality
- The finest old world, European style
- Achieving a luminous, refractive effect in oils
If you are an oil color artist looking for the highest quality linen surface for your paintings, look no further than new Paris Oil Primed Artists' Linen Canvas. In our opinion, you cannot find or make a better stretched linen canvas at any price that is as good as Paris. It is truly the ultimate canvas for the most discerning of oil painters, and we are sure you'll be impressed!