Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|1/8" Flat, 3/4" Cradle Or 2" Deep Cradle|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
|1/8" 3/4" & 2"|
|SAVE UP TO 33% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $126.81 off List|
|(Sale Ends 12/31/2015)|
For maximum support and frame all in one!
claybord™— The Ultimate Multi-Media Panel
This ultra-smooth kaolin clay ground has a velvety-smooth finish that is very absorbent. Made with Ampersand's own True Artist Hardbord™ substrate and Archiva-seal™, Claybord™ is perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, acrylics, airbrush, encaustics, collage, photo transfers, pencil, casein and for mounting papers, prints and fabrics. Thinly apply paints or inks, then remove, reapply, and even scratch through them to add contrast and texture. 2" DEEP Cradle panel offers maximum support and frame all in one. Made by Ampersand, USA.
- Ultra-Smooth Clay Surface - Archival and acid-free, Ampersand's patented kaolin clay ground is applied to a non-warping premium hardboard and then sanded to a velvet-smooth finish that is very absorbent.
- A Highly Responsive Surface - Thinly apply paint or ink, remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Paint colors remain true and brilliant on this surface.
- A True Multi-Media Panel - Perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, acrylics, airbrush, encaustics, collage, photo-transfers, pencil, casein, and for mounting papers, prints and fabrics.
- Frame without Glass - Artwork on Claybord™ can be sealed or varnished and framed without glass.
- Artist & Environment Friendly - Ampersand Claybord™ is made from sustainable forest products that ensure the protection of wildlife, plants, soil and water. Formaldehyde-free; no harmful volatile organic compounds.
3 All New Larger Sizes with Cross Braces (Sold in Boxes of 2):
- 30x40" with 1 Cross Brace
- 36x36" with 2 Cross Braces
- 36x48" with 2 Cross Braces
Read About "How To Mount Canvas Onto Ampersand Boards"