Martin/F. Weber Co. has over 150 years of artist material manufacturing excellence. With this experience, you are guaranteed that we have selected only the finest raw materials, and carefully formulated them, to manufacture wOil® Water Mixable Oil Paints.
The wOil range has been formulated using many single pigments for brilliance of color and clean color mixing. The most suitable oils and dispersion methods have been selected to bring out the individual color characteristics, from opacity to transparency.
There is no water in the wOil formulation. The linseed oil and safflower oil vehicles have been modified to allow the color to mix with water, creating a stable emulsion, while retaining the working characteristics of traditional oil color.
- wOil Consistency/Viscosity - wOil has a very smooth buttery consistency which allows ease of use for the artist. The viscosity or thickness of the color is medium to heavy body which can be used directly from the tube or thinned with water or with wOil mediums as desired.
- wOil Color and blending - wOil colors can be blended with traditional oil color and mediums. wOil Color is not classified as a water based color but can be blended with acrylic based color (add a few drops of water).
- wOil Color Luster - The reflective quality of the wOil film varies from color to color because each pigment requires differing volumes of oil in formulation. The addition of water mixed to thin the color as well as the use of wOil mediums will also alter surface luster.
- wOil Permanence - Most artists want to be sure that their colors are permanent. Pigment developments have led to continued improvements in the lightfastness of artists' colors. These improvements have been utilized in wOil. All wOil colors are rated Lightfastness I or II and are recommended as permanent for artists' use.
- wOil Drying time - When wOil is thinned with water, the water evaporates from the paint film fairly rapidly, leaving behind a traditional film of oil that dries by means of oxidation. The different drying rates of wOil colors are due to the different reaction of each pigment when mixed with oil. wOil colors should dry between 3 and 5 days which is slightly faster than traditional oil colors.
Set of 6 - Includes 6, 37 ml tubes of assorted colors, as well as a 60ml jar of modified linseed oil.
Set of 12 - Includes 12, 37 ml tubes of assorted colors, as well as a 60ml jar of modified linseed oil.