Impasto Medium, How To Thicken Your Oil Paints
Why Use Impasto Medium?
Paint In Heavy Impasto Techniques Without Wasting Valuable Pigment! Layers Will Dry Without Shrinking, Cracking Or Wrinkling! In this article we are focusing on LUKAS Impasto Oil Painting Medium used to mix with oil paints for impasto techniques.
What is an Impasto Medium?
Impasto Mediums is ideal for thickening oil paints. One of the best benefits of using an impasto medium is that it dries evenly without cracking or wrinkling.
One of the best benefits of using an impasto medium is that it dries evenly without, shrinking, cracking or wrinkling. It does not waste paint yet still produces the desired pigment. It is an
Oil paint thickening medium formulated with special drying agents and thickeners. in this article we discuss a special impasto medium from LUKAS which helps keep the thick constitution of heavy paint application with no leveling, ensuring that your paint structure remains. Makes any oils better as it helps maintain brushstrokes and speeds the drying rate of oil colors.
For all the finest mediums view our Oil Painting Mediums and Varnishes supplies.
What paint do you use for impasto oil?
LUKAS Painting Butter Impasto Oil Medium is a transparent, slightly amber-tinted mixture of alkyds, thickeners, and driers and is the same consistency as straight oil paint. Layers will dry without shrinking, cracking or wrinkling!.. see video
Paint in heavy impasto techniques – See Video using LUKAS Impasto Medium
What is LUKAS Impasto Painting Butter?
Lukas Painting Butter is very heavy bodied and therefore gives extremely thick oil colors, accelerates drying, and reduces wrinkling.
Paint In Heavy Impasto Techniques Without Wasting Valuable Pigment! Layers Will Dry Without Shrinking, Cracking Or Wrinkling!
Key Benefits of LUKAS Impasto Oil Medium
Makes any oils better as it helps maintain brushstrokes and speeds the drying rate of oil colors
- Mixing it with your paint will thin the color somewhat but allows you to paint in heavy impasto layers while not wasting pigment
- Ensures the layer dries completely and evenly
- An indispensable medium for the oil artist fond of impasto and palette knife painting techniques
- No need to add alot of paint to it to get the color you want
- Dries evenly without wrinkling or cracking
“I LOVE This Stuff!
I love Lukas Painting Butter, both for my own work and in my workshops. It’s heavy texture and FAST drying time are “just the ticket” for my “knife paintings”. I have turned many of my students onto it, too! It’s now a staple of my “must-have” supplies.”
- Oil Paints Guide: Best Oil Paints
- Cleaning Oil Paint From Brushes: How To Clean Oil Paint Brushes
- Jerry’s LIVE: Solvent-Free Oil Painting
- Less Cracking In Your Oil Paints: Fat Over Lean Oil Painting
- Tips and Tricks: Oil Painting Tips and Tricks