Impasto Medium – How To Thicken Your Oil Paints
Why Use Impasto Medium: Paint In Heavy Impasto Techniques Without Wasting Valuable Pigment! Layers Will Dry Without Shrinking, Cracking Or Wrinkling! In this article we are focusing on LUKAS Impasto Oil Painting Medium used to mix with oil paints for impasto techniques.
What is LUKAS Painting Butter?
Lukas Painting Butter is very heavy bodied and therefore gives extremely thick oil colors, accelerates drying, and reduces wrinkling.
Key Benefits of LUKAS Impasto Medium
Makes any oils better as it helps maintain brushstrokes and speeds the drying rate of oil colors
- Mixing it with your paint will thin the color somewhat but allows you to paint in heavy impasto layers while not wasting pigment
- Ensures the layer dries completely and evenly
- An indispensable medium for the oil artist fond of impasto and palette knife painting techniques
- No need to add alot of paint to it to get the color you want
- Dries evenly without wrinkling or cracking
What paint do you use for impasto?
Paint In Heavy Impasto Techniques Without Wasting Valuable Pigment! Layers Will Dry Without Shrinking, Cracking Or Wrinkling!
Layers will dry without shrinking, cracking or wrinkling! LUKAS Painting Butter Impasto Oil Medium is a transparent, slightly amber-tinted mixture of alkyds, thickeners, and driers and is the same consistency as straight oil paint.. see video at end of article
Oil paint thickening medium formulated with special drying agents and thickeners, this impasto medium helps keep the thick constitution of heavy paint application with no leveling, ensuring that your paint structure remains.
“I LOVE This Stuff!
I love Lukas Painting Butter, both for my own work and in my workshops. It’s heavy texture and FAST drying time are “just the ticket” for my “knife paintings”. I have turned many of my students onto it, too! It’s now a staple of my “must-have” supplies.”
Paint in heavy impasto techniques – LUKAS Painting Butter Impasto Medium
- Oil Paints Guide: The Best Oil Paints & Brands
- Jerry’s LIVE: Water Mixable Oil Paints
- Less Cracking In Your Oil Paints: Fat Over Lean Oil Painting
- Tips and Tricks: Oil Painting Tips and Tricks