Ampersand Claybord Panels
- Ultra-Smooth Clay Surface - Archival and acid-free, Ampersand's patented kaolin clay ground is applied to a non-warping premium hardboard and then sanded to a velvet-smooth finish that is very absorbent.
- A Highly Responsive Surface - Thinly apply paint or ink, remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Paint colors remain true and brilliant on this surface.
- A True Multi-Media Panel - Perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, acrylics, airbrush, encaustics, collage, photo-transfers, pencil, casein, and for mounting papers, prints and fabrics.
- Frame without Glass - Artwork on Claybord™ can be sealed or varnished and framed without glass.
- Artist & Environment Friendly - Ampersand Claybord™ is made from sustainable forest products that ensure the protection of wildlife, plants, soil and water. Formaldehyde-free; no harmful volatile organic compounds.
1/8" Flat Panels - for studio and plein-air painting and standard framing.
3/4" Cradled Panels - for more support and typical canvas style framing.
2" Deep Cradle Panels - for maximum support and frame all in one.