Jerry’s Takes Center Stage at Emerald City Comic Con
Jerry’s Artarama Art Classroom saw record numbers at this year’s event!
At a very exciting Emerald City Comic Con this year held in Seattle, March 28th-30th, Jerry’s Artarama held classes, events, contests and giveaways, all to record numbers. Jerry’s Artarama Art Classroom was buzzing for three days with classes filled to standing room only for classes taught by our fabulous teachers Karalyn C. Johnson and Mark A. Nelson from Jerry’s Artarama Comic and Illustrative Division!
Amongst the hustle and bustle of collectors, cosplayers, comic enthusiasts, and artists, Jerry’s held several events including:
- Markers and More- taught by Karalyn Johnson. Demonstrating the endless possibilities for textural and atmospheric effects when using markers mixed with other media.
- To Break Creative Block: Press Play- taught by Karalyn Johnson. This class used an amalgam of media unfamiliar to the artist to challenge and enable them to learn in fun ways to break “creative block.” With games, new mediums, and unfamiliar supplies, the artists learned to spark their imaginations and creativity in a new, fun and effective way.
- Creature Creation- taught by Mark A. Nelson. Mark is the owner and artist of Grazing Dinosaur Press. He is well accomplished in the fantasy field with his artwork featured in Magic: the Gathering, Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons and Dragons and World of Warcraft. In Creature Creation, Mark taught one 90 minute exclusive master class per day on creating your own creatures.
- Quick Draw Contest- Sponsored by Jerry’s Artarama, Saturday March 29th with fun prizes for entrants.
- ECCC Kid’s Art Corner- including the Lil’ Jerry Coloring contest featuring fun prizes for children.
- Jerry’s supplied amazing art supplies and more for use during the classes and events.
Students work diligently to learn more about Comic Art
Students participating in raffles for fabulous prizes
One lucky winner of an Artograph Lightpad
With the classrooms filled, Jerry’s teachers were able to teach fans, students and artists alike and learned tips and tricks of the trade from comic book legend and illustrator for games like World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons, Mark A. Nelson. Several artists were given the the chance to sit down one on one with him during a special 90 minute master class where they learned comic illustration secrets and got to use the finest illustrative tools provided from Jerry’s Artarama like Marco Raffine Graphite Pencils, Prismacolor Brush Tip Markers, Strathmore Sketchpads, Vanish 4-in-1 Erasers and more for quality designs such as this one:
Overall, the event was a huge success with over 3000 visitors stopping in either for a class, to look and shop for supplies or create while inspired by all of the glitz and glamor of Emerald City Comic Con. To all of our teachers and visitors, we say thank you for stopping by and we will see you next year!