Arches 1401b. Oil Paper, Blocks & Rolls
Unique, archival paper for all oil painting and multimedia techniques! Cold pressed 140lb
This revolutionary new paper is sure to inspire oil painters the world over! Arches of France have been creating fine artists' papers since 1492, and new Arches Oil Paper is no exception. This innovative surface is designed specifically for use with oil paints, yet retains the look and feel of traditional Arches paper that artists have come to know and love. Archivally made from 100% cotton, Arches Oil Paper features a powerful oil barrier that absorbs water, solvents and binder but allows paints and pigments to sit up on the surface for a vibrant effect.
- Cold pressed
- Heavyweight 140 lb.
- 300 gsm.
- Texture: fine grain / Colour: white
- Edges (sheet): 4 deckle edges
- 100% cotton paper
- Conservation: with alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706)
- Powerful oil barrier absorbs water, solvents & binder
- Paint & pigment remain on the surface
- Strong, toothy surface withstands vigorous techniques
- Ready to use — no preparation required!
- Four deckled edges & a watermark
- Easy to frame, store & transport
- Students, professionals & plein air artists
- Sketches & finished art in oil paints
- Glazes & washes in thinned oils
- Impasto & knife painting techniques
- Multimedia artwork in oils & dry media
- Convenient & portable oil painting surface
- An essential surface for all oil painters!
- Oil and oil pastel