Fact: Van gogh used LUKAS 1862
Fact: over 150 years old
Fact: Preferred choice among European artists for over a century
Fact: Dries reliably in 2-4 days
Fact: contains beeswax
In 1964, LUKAS was the first manufacturer in Europe to produce artists' acrylic colours. Consequently, LUKAS products have always been in accordance with the most modern techniques. This reason, along with LUKAS' strive for superior quality, led many well-known artists to trust the quality of our colours throughout the years. Beloved by artists since its inception, even Vincent Van Gogh was a happy customer of LUKAS, and wrote to his brother Theo:
"I have ordered colors from Schoenfeld [LUKAS] in Düsseldorf, as there were some colors which I couldn't get here...the picture with the potato eaters is not good in some details...I should have had a better result with the mineral blue that I have now [from LUKAS], instead of the old one."
Bring the master quality of Germany's finest artists' colors to your own paintings with LUKAS, and see what Van Gogh was talking about!
Painting with Mike Rooney
This is the perfect time of year to plein air paint. It's not too hot, humid, or buggy. The light is clear and colors are fantastic because the growth on the trees and grasses are new and really saturated. As the summer comes and goes, the greens dull the longer they're out in the brutal sun. I've wanted to paint an afternoon on Calico Creek...
- 140 years of experience in superior product quality.
- Innovative and useful product concepts.
- Used by famous artists such as: Vincent Van Gogh, the Achenbach brothers, Joseph Beuys, and Hans George Baselitz.
- Wide range of specialty products that mass suppliers no longer produce.
- Prices as low as possible.
- Paints, mediums, and sets for all skill levels.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee!
- Free video art lessons and product demos