Extra firm polymer clay that holds detail, photographs well, and stays pliable until cured in the oven!
Answering the demands of sculptors requiring a firmer, stronger polymer clay, Sculpey developed Super Sculpey FIRM to meet their needs. With the same non-drying consistency and oven-cured formulation as popular Super Sculpey, Super Sculpey FIRM takes the polymer clay medium a step further! Its extra firm consistency does not have the tendency to mush and blend when molded, and it holds detail extremely well without blurring.
Once cured in a standard home oven, Super Sculpey FIRM polymer clay can be further worked with extensive tooling, carving, sanding and subtractive techniques, and resists any chipping and shattering. The medium-grey coloring makes it excellent for determining value and for photographing, and can be painted with water-based acrylics or heat-set Genesis oils once cured. Super Sculpey FIRM polymer clay is a favorite of maquette makers in movie studios, professional sculptors and doll makers the world over!
- Polymer clay remains pliable indefinitely, until cured in a home oven
- Extra firm formulation will not blend or blur, holds details extremely well
- Grey color is ideal for seeing and photographing detail
- Can be painted with acrylics or heat-set Genesis oils once cured
- Super strong, chip- and shatter-resistant
- Can be carved, drilled, and sanded after curing
- Available in 1lb boxes
- Perfect for maquettes, mold-making, doll sculpture and more!