A modern instrument for an ancient art!
Intaglio is the process of etching images and script into durable surfaces. Today, intaglio art has expanded to etching on more surfaces, with more instruments and has added etching inks as a means of exploring a higher level of creativity than what was used nearly six hundred years ago. With the Akua Wiping Fabric, artists can enjoy an increased versatility in printmaking. This wipe allows an artist to effortlessly remove excess ink from the raised surfaces of an etching plate and to move ink throughout etched grooves. The Akua Wiping Fabric was engineered to work most effectively with etching inks, as the inks will not dry or harden on this wipe. Using this product with intaglio printmaking will result in prints with better contrast, finer detail, more saturated colors and smoother solids without streaking when compared to more traditional tools; such as tarlatan and cheese cloth. As an added bonus, this polyester based product can be used over and over again!
- Printmaking inks will not dry on this wipe
- Durable polyester blend fabric
- Available in a generous 19" x 10 yard pack
- Reusable and economical
- Expanding your print making tool set
- A replacement for traditional-type wipes
- Cleaning etching plates, printing blocks, monotype plates and more!
- Any intaglio artist that enjoys using eco-friendly products