A Jerry's Exclusive! Germany's Finest Artists' Oil Colors!
Ever since the company was founded by Dr. Fr. Schoenfeld in 1862, LUKAS has been known for creating top quality artists' oil colors, and they have done nothing but improve the line in over 145 years since then. Beloved by artists since its inception, even Vincent Van Gogh was a happy customer of LUKAS, and wrote to his brother Theo:
Bring the master quality of Germany's finest artists' oils to your own paintings with LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors, and see what Van Gogh was talking about!
"I have ordered colors from Schoenfeld [LUKAS] in Düsseldorf, as there were some colors which I couldn't get here...the picture with the potato eaters is not good in some details...I should have had a better result with the mineral blue that I have now [from LUKAS], instead of the old one."
Vivid color and lightfastness
LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors' superior traits include:
- Incomparable color intensity - The finest in classic and modern pigments, all with high to very high light fastness ratings, give LUKAS 1862 Oil Color a brilliance, concentration and permanence that stands the test of time.
- Beeswax - Beeswax ads body and creaminess to the paint, that is why it feels so nice and because the body of the paint is consistent it helps with even drying so it dries reliably.
- Shorter drying time - Dry to the touch usually in 2 to 4 days means that you can continue work on your LUKAS 1862 Oil Color paintings faster than with other brands without risking damage to the under layers.
- Pure, refined mediums - Pharmaceutical grade, virgin cold-pressed linseed oil, non-yellowing sunflower oil, and a touch of beeswax give LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors their silky, "short", and buttery consistency that makes for smooth brushstrokes, even drying and a stronger paint film.
- Brilliant color spectrum - Based on the highest quality classic and modern pigments, the wide 70-color spectrum available in LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors consists of no fewer than 40 single-pigment colors for clean and lifelike mixing, along with 2 metallic shades.
- Classic palette - LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors have a color palette based on those used by old masters such as Van Gogh and widened to include favorites from more recent times, making for a well-balanced and versatile color palette sure to please the most demanding of painters!
52 of the 70 color range are Series 1 for an exceptional value!
Imported from Germany exclusively for Jerry's, we are proud to present this line of finest artists' oil color from LUKAS. Combining tradition with innovation allows LUKAS to create an oil paint with the finest in classic and modern pigments, outstanding light fastness, excellent coverage, smooth consistency and buttery feel. All the finest ingredients come together in a triple-mill process to produce this superb oil paint!
LUKAS oils have remained a preferred choice among European artists for over a century, and they are fast becoming a favorite in America too!
A Letter from Jerry's President on LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors.
LUKAS 1862 Oils Leaflet and Color Chart
BUY 4 FOR THE PRICE OF 3
4th tube is FREE! Lines include: LUKAS 1862 Oils, LUKAS Studio Oils, LUKAS Terzia Oils, LUKAS Cryl Studio Acrylics, LUKAS Cryl Pastos Acrylics & LUKAS Cryl Terzia Acrylic. RECEIVE Extra 25% Off Sale Prices when you buy 4! *Valid now thru 3/29/15