Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Combining tradition with innovation allows LUKAS to create an oil paint with the finest in classic and modern pigments.|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 65% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $93.87 off List|
|(Super Sale Ends 12/31/2013)|
A Jerry's Exclusive! Germany's Finest Artists' Oil Colors!
A Letter from Jerry's President on LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors.
Ever since the company was founded by Dr. Fr. Schoenfeld in 1862, LUKAS has been known for creating top quality artists' oil colors, and they have done nothing but improve the line in over 145 years since then. Beloved by artists since its inception, even Vincent Van Gogh was a happy customer of LUKAS, and wrote to his brother Theo:
Bring the master quality of Germany's finest artists' oils to your own paintings with LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors, and see what Van Gogh was talking about!
"I have ordered colors from Schoenfeld [LUKAS] in Düsseldorf, as there were some colors which I couldn't get here...the picture with the potato eaters is not good in some details...I should have had a better result with the mineral blue that I have now [from LUKAS], instead of the old one."
LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors' superior traits include:
- Incomparable color intensity - The finest in classic and modern pigments, all with high to very high light fastness ratings, give LUKAS 1862 Oil Color a brilliance, concentration and permanence that stands the test of time.
- Beeswax - Beeswax ads body and creaminess to the paint, that is why it feels so nice and because the body of the paint is consistent it helps with even drying so it dries reliably.
- Shorter drying time - Dry to the touch usually in 2 to 4 days means that you can continue work on your LUKAS 1862 Oil Color paintings faster than with other brands without risking damage to the under layers.
- Pure, refined mediums - Pharmaceutical grade, virgin cold-pressed linseed oil, non-yellowing sunflower oil, and a touch of beeswax give LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors their silky, "short", and buttery consistency that makes for smooth brushstrokes, even drying and a stronger paint film.
- Brilliant color spectrum - Based on the highest quality classic and modern pigments, the wide 70-color spectrum available in LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors consists of no fewer than 40 single-pigment colors for clean and lifelike mixing, along with 2 metallic shades.
- Classic palette - LUKAS 1862 Oil Colors have a color palette based on those used by old masters such as Van Gogh and widened to include favorites from more recent times, making for a well-balanced and versatile color palette sure to please the most demanding of painters!
52 of the 70 color range are Series 1 for an exceptional value!
Imported from Germany exclusively for Jerry's, we are proud to present this line of finest artists' oil color from LUKAS. Combining tradition with innovation allows LUKAS to create an oil paint with the finest in classic and modern pigments, outstanding light fastness, excellent coverage, smooth consistency and buttery feel. All the finest ingredients come together in a triple-mill process to produce this superb oil paint!
LUKAS oils have remained a preferred choice among European artists for over a century, and they are fast becoming a favorite in America too!
LUKAS 1862 Oils Leaflet and Color Chart
Special Offer: Buy 6 Get 1 FREE
FREE* Series 1 Tube of LUKAS 1862 Oil
Purchase six 37ml tubes or six 200ml tubes of Lukas 1862 Master Quality Oil Color and choose a series one 1862 Oil Color of the same size for FREE. The FREE color is the same size as the six colors purchased and must be series 1. Enter Code LUKASLUCKY7 at checkout.