A handcrafted, safe alternative to turpentine! Made with Spanish Lavender!
The Chelsea Classical Medium, Lavender Spike Oil Essence, is handcrafted using the finest quality lavender which is imported from Spain. This Lavender Spike Oil Essence has a distinctive, sweet lavender scent, and is a safe, historical alternative to Turpentine, but does not cause chronic health problems that are often associated with turpentine. Lavender Spike Oil Essence is so safe to use and has such a pleasant scent, that it is often used for making soaps and in aromatherapy! With this medium, artists can mix with other oil painting mediums, resins and varnishes.
Oil Painting Cube Sample Set - This set includes the following items- 1oz bottle Clarified Pale Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil, 1 oz bottle Clarified Pale Cold-Pressed Walnut Oil, 1 oz bottle Clarified Lean Medium Lavender, 1 oz bottle Clarified Fat Medium Lavender, 1 oz Oil of Spike Lavender Solvent, 1 oz bottle Lavender Damar Varnish, 1 oz bottle Lavender Brush Cleaner and a 2 oz bar of Lavender & Olive Oil Brush Soap.
- Handcrafted from the highest quality lavender, imported from Spain
- Dilutes oil painting mediums
- A safe alternative to turpentine and mineral spirits
- Created through reproducing the methods of the Old Masters
- Features a distinctive, sweet lavender scent
- No harsh chemicals used in production!
- Dissolving resins and varnishes
- Health-conscious artists
- Promoting well-being
- Use with fine oil colors
- Material-conscious artists
- Professional artists
- Use in final works of art
- Stretched canvases
- Use in studios or professional classrooms
Painting fat over lean
Artist’s guide to oil painting solvents
What is Spike Oil?
You Might Also Like
See the full line of Chelsea Mediums made with clean alternatives to turpentine and mineral spirits
Chelsea Classical Studio Mediums