Thoroughly hand cleaned and purified walnut oil that improves the richness and brightness of white and light oil colors!
The Chelsea Classical Medium, Clarified Pale Cold-Pressed Walnut Oil, is cleaned by hand and made with only natural ingredients. This walnut oil is washed by traditional, natural processes that strive to make the palest, cleanest, and most pure walnut oil for artists’ to use. The mucilage and fat is removed, which greatly improves the acidity and drying of the oil. It is then further cleaned by multiple processes that filter out the remaining impurities and unnecessary coloration. This professional-quality walnut oil will not darken, and provides brighter and richer tones and hues in oil colors.Walnut oil is naturally less yellow and dries slower than Linseed oil. For best results, we recommend using it for whites and light colors!
Oil Painting Cube Sample Set - This set includes the following items- 1oz bottle Clarified Pale Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil, 1 oz bottle Clarified Pale Cold-Pressed Walnut Oil, 1 oz bottle Clarified Lean Medium Lavender, 1 oz bottle Clarified Fat Medium Lavender, 1 oz Oil of Spike Lavender Solvent, 1 oz bottle Lavender Damar Varnish, 1 oz bottle Lavender Brush Cleaner and a 2 oz bar of Lavender & Olive Oil Brush Soap.
- Handmade from the highest quality ingredients
- Increases brightness and richness in tones and hues
- For best results, use with whites and light colors
- Created through reproducing the methods of the Old Masters
- Free from fat, impurities and mucilage
- No harsh chemicals used in production!
- Improving light colors to be richer
- Increasing the brightness of whites
- Use with fine oil colors
- Material-conscious artists
- Professional artists
- Use in final works of art
- Stretched canvases
- Use in studios or professional classrooms
Painting fat over lean
Artist’s guide to oil painting solvents
You Might Also Like
See the full line of Chelsea Mediums made with clean alternatives to turpentine and mineral spirits
Chelsea Classical Studio Mediums