A modern approach to the timeless art of fine lettering!
The art of beautiful writing has evolved over a thousand years, and is still a valued skill in both artistic and craft circles today. Inspired by antique alphabets and developing to suit the writer's personal style, calligraphy is an excellent form of artistic self-expression that comes alive on the page!
New Quill Lines Calligraphy and Drawing Pens are designed to introduce you to the ancient art of fine lettering and ink drawing with classic pen styles brought into the modern era. You can use calligraphy for wedding invitations, diplomas and awards, poetic verses, illuminated lettering, menus, cards, even logos and advertising! In addition, classic dip-pen inking is an ages-old drawing technique still popular today in the comic and design industries, and the traditional crow quill and drawing nibs can be used for flourishes and enhancement of your calligraphy. Quill Lines pens and kits are your perfect starting point for exploring the ancient art of calligraphy and fine ink drawing techniques!
- Master Calligraphy Set – The perfect gift for the amateur calligrapher, this set comes with everything you need to get started! 4 translucent plastic fountain pen barrels and caps with 4 corresponding nibs in Extra Fine (1mm), Fine (1.25mm), Medium (1.5mm) and Broad (2mm) widths; 20 bullet-tip fountain ink cartridges in black, blue, green, red and violet; a 9 x 12" lined practice pad and a 32 page instructional booklet with calligraphy strokes, alphabets, instructions and examples.
- Ultimate Crow Quill Pen – Beautifully crafted, ergonomic wood pen holder with the classic crow quill drawing nib for all fine line and artistic inking uses.
- Vintage Drawing Nibs Set – Ergonomic, smooth wood pen holder with a bottle of black ink and a selection of 6 classic drawing and calligraphy nib styles based on actual designs from centuries past. An excellent beginner's kit or gift for a vintage enthusiast!
- Vintage Intense Black Ink – A rich, deep black water-soluble ink suitable for all dip pens, drawing and calligraphy techniques.
- Ink Cartridges – Replacement bullet-tip fountain pen cartridges for most major brands of fountain and calligraphy pens. Sold in packs of 12 cartridges, available in Black, Blue, Green, Red, Sanguine and Sepia.