Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Now SoHo Urban Artist has a new line of professional quality, traditional unprimed artists' canvas!|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 54% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $737.51 off List|
|(Super Sale Ends 10/19/2014)|
Museum quality, natural fiber canvas at an amazing value! - Professional Unprimed Canvas Rolls
Are you tired of painting on standard cotton duck canvas, but find it difficult or prohibitively expensive to work on better fabrics? Now SoHo Urban Artist has the answer with their new line of professional quality, traditional unprimed artists' canvas in a wide range of fibers and textures — all at an affordable price! These deluxe raw unprimed canvas rolls and blankets are crafted from only the highest quality natural fibers, and each finish offers a unique painting experience that any artist can tailor to their specific needs. Linen, jute and hemp are superior fibers that, when properly cared for, will survive for centuries — and so will your art! These premium raw unprimed canvases are available in generous 30 yard rolls, 6 yard folded blankets, and convenient 1 yard samples to make it easy to find your favorite. Find the perfect painting surface with new SoHo Urban Artist Professional Unprimed Canvas!
- #42 Linen – 66.9" wide; 12.7 oz. - Slightly heavier than 12 oz. cotton but not as bulky. Has a beautiful, tight weave that is perfect for detailed realistic techniques as well as more abstract applications. For portrait artists, three coats of priming sanded between layers would yield a very pleasing surface.
- #38 Linen – 66.9" wide; 14.1 oz. - This linen is about 10% heavier than the #42. It has a medium weave and texture and falls into our all-purpose range. This linen can be used for portraiture but we generally do not recommend it for this purpose. For all other realistic, representative and modern expressions this linen is ideal.
- #133 Linen – 82.67" wide; 15.17 oz. - This hearty linen has a robust weave and uniform surface and is intended when you want a more pronounced surface texture. Perfect for expressive works and abstract pieces.
- #31 Linen – 90.55" wide; 17.99 oz. - The heaviest linen in the line with a medium texture and weave. It is intended for large size works but can be used for any size piece. It officially weighs in at 17.99 oz. or 510 gms, which is heavier than any commercially produced pre-stretched linen canvas product on the market.
- #24 Jute – 74.8" wide; 24.51 oz. - Jute is a delightful departure from the smoothness associated with hemp and linens as it is delectably coarse, soft and shiny with a wonderful golden color. The fiber lengths are extremely long so the strength of jute is unrivalled. It has a large, coarse weave and is wonderful for simply glue-sizing and painting, leaving the natural color of the canvas, or for traditional priming with oil or acrylic based primers.
- #25 Hemp – 86.6" wide; 25.4 oz. - Artists looking for a heavyweight, durable fabric can find no canvas that compares in strength and softness to hemp. This fabric is characterized by a robust, tight weave. The archival nature of hemp rivals that of the finest linen, but it is economical enough to use on the largest of paintings.