Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Sargent Herringbone Rolls|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 56% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $777.59 off List|
|(Sale Ends 12/31/2014)|
|(Super Sale Ends 08/17/2014)|
A highly coveted, master-crafted canvas--Perfect for even the most detailed paintings!
John Singer Sargent was one of the greatest portrait artists of all time — and part of his success was dependent on the canvas he used. New J.S. Sargent Herringbone Weave Linen Canvas from Creative Mark is a unique addition to their canvas line, with innovative qualities unavailable anywhere else. This canvas is made from only the finest linen flax, meticulously hand-processed and woven into a twill herringbone pattern that provides uniformity, elegance, and strength. The unique weave makes for a smooth surface with superior resilience that can withstand stretching in any direction and the most rigorous of painting techniques. Available in unprimed, double oil primed, and glue-sized surfaces, there is the perfect option for any painter. Gesso the unprimed version for acrylic painting, mount the glue-sized onto board for egg tempera, or stretch the oil-primed canvas onto gallery bars and paint a masterpiece worthy of Sargent himself!
- Highly coveted, master-crafted canvas rolls
- Strong herringbone twill weave
- Incredibly fine surface, that can accept even the most precise applications, such as technical drawing pens
- Oil Primed features 4 coats of professional quality primer
- Sold in 83" x 6 yard rolls or sample sheets
- 3 surfaces: unprimed, stucco, and oil primed
- Professional realist artists
- Highly detailed oil paintings
- Saving time in impasto techniques with the stucco-textured canvas
- Priming and painting in any media
- Portrait artists and detail painters
- A superior, resilient and durable substrate
- Archival art that will last for lifetimes!