Smooth wood panels ready for sealing, priming, and painting!
Now you too can paint like the old masters, on natural wood, dimensionally stable panels! New from Ampersand, popular artists' panel makers, comes Natural Wood Panels, hand crafted from 5mm thick basswood plywood mounted onto 7/8" deep solid basswood cradles. These wood panels are sturdy, moisture and warp resistant, and perfect for virtually any media from egg tempera and oils to collage and mixed media — and beyond! Perfect for artists both traditional and innovative who are looking for a natural surface for their artwork that is also easily finished for frameless presentation. Natural Wood Panels from Ampersand: when it has to be natural!
- Perfectly smooth, splinter-free basswood plywood panels
- 7/8" deep solid wood cradles can be painted for frameless presentation
- Moisture and warp resistant, dimensionally stable
- Seal, prime, and paint however you like!
- Excellent substrate for brittle media like tempera, casein, and encaustic
- Ideal for any artist who wants a traditional, natural painting surface!