Deep, natural wood panels perfect for any media!
These perfectly smooth, sanded wood panels from artist favorite Ampersand are hand crafted from 5mm thick, natural basswood plywood mounted onto 1 1/2" deep solid basswood cradles. Dimensionally stable, moisture and warp resistant, these panels are a high quality modern version of the preferred substrate of the old masters. Simply seal and prime with your choice of ground (clear gesso is great for letting the wood grain show through), and create your art in virtually any medium, from acrylics and tempera to mixed media and collage! The sturdy wood and deep profile will not give or bend under heavy applications of paint, encaustic, collage, or even found objects. And for easy frameless presentation, simply paint or finish the smooth, deep cradle! New from Ampersand, Natural Wood Panels are the perfect natural choice for any artist!
- 5mm thick basswood panels are completely smooth and consistent
- 1-1/2" deep solid basswood cradles can be finished for frameless presentation
- Prime and seal with any ground you like
- Strong panels can support heavy layers of paint, encaustic, and collage
- Ideal substrate for brittle media like tempera and casein
- Traditional, natural surface perfect for any painter!