Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Mimicking the gallery-style look and depth of standard canvases, 1.5" Cradle Claybord is the perfect support for multimedia artists looking for a smooth and versatile painting panel with standard gallery-accepted dimensions.|
|SAVE UP TO 45% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $87.99 off List|
|(Sale Ends 12/31/2014)|
Museum quality panels with a smooth absorbent surface and new classic cradle depth!
In response to a high demand from its artist customers, Ampersand is pleased to introduce new 1.5" deep cradled Claybord art panels! Mimicking the gallery-style look and depth of standard canvases, 1.5" Cradle Claybord is the perfect support for multimedia artists looking for a smooth and versatile painting panel with standard gallery-accepted dimensions. The 13-ply birch plywood cradle can be easily painted or stained for frameless display, and the 1.5" total depth fits perfectly in both standard canvas and floater frames.
Claybord's ultra-smooth kaolin clay ground has a velvety-smooth finish that is very absorbent. Made with Ampersand's own True Artist Hardbord substrate with Archiva-Seal barrier, Claybord is perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, acrylics, airbrush, encaustics, collage, photo transfers, pencil, casein and for mounting papers, prints and fabrics. Thinly apply paints or inks, then remove, reapply, and even scratch through them to add contrast and texture. Proudly made in the USA by Ampersand.
- Ultra-Smooth Clay Surface - Archival and acid-free, Ampersand's patented kaolin clay ground is applied to a non-warping premium hardboard and then sanded to a velvet-smooth finish that is very absorbent.
- A Highly Responsive Surface - Thinly apply paint or ink, remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Paint colors remain true and brilliant on this surface.
- A True Multi-Media Panel - Perfect for inks, gouache, egg tempera, acrylics, airbrush, encaustics, collage, photo-transfers, pencil, casein, and for mounting papers, prints and fabrics.
- Frame without Glass - Artwork on Claybord can be sealed or varnished and framed without glass.
- Artist & Environment Friendly - Ampersand Claybord is made from sustainable forest products that ensure the protection of wildlife, plants, soil and water. Formaldehyde-free; no harmful volatile organic compounds.
Read About "How To Mount Canvas Onto Ampersand Boards"