Classic wood painting panels perfect for any media!
Made from splinter-free birch plywood mounted onto sanded, 7/8" deep solid poplar cradles, these new wood painting panels from American Easel are the ideal surface for any painter or multimedia artist! Painting on panels provides a benefit to the artist in that they are inflexible, stretch and warp resistant, and hence are perfect both for detailed work as well as found object and heavier art that requires a sturdy support. Though they can be used as is for certain applications, these panels can be primed with virtually any ground, from standard gessoes to rabbit skin glue, pastel or encaustic ground, mounted papers and more! The smooth, slightly beveled cradle edges can also be painted, and all that's needed for display is a single nail and the panels hang flush to the wall: no frame needed! Available in a wide array of rectangular and square sizes, the 7/8" profile American Easel Painting Panel also provides 2 round shapes, one oval and one circular, for even more interesting composition choices. Paint like the old masters on panels proudly crafted in the USA!
- Birch plywood painting panels on solid poplar 7/8" deep wood cradles
- Smoothly sanded with slightly beveled corners
- Will not flex, stretch, or warp
- Paint the cradle edges and hang as is: no framing necessary!
- Prime with virtually any ground: gesso, pastel primer, glue, mounted paper, and more!
- Ideal for both detailed works and heavier art requiring a strong substrate
- Available in rectangular, square, oval, and circular formats
- Made in the USA!