Sturdy, cradled wood painting panels ideal for any artist!
These new, all-wood painting panels from American Easel are the perfect surface for any painter or multimedia artist! Proudly crafted in the USA from splinter-free birch plywood mounted onto sanded, 1-5/8" deep solid poplar cradles, these panels are stretch and warp resistant, and are guaranteed to stand the test of time. Prime them with just about any ground, from traditional gesso and rabbit skin glue, to synthetic sizing, pastel or encaustic ground, mounted papers and more! Since the choice of priming is yours, so is the choice of media: use anything from watercolors, acrylics and oils to egg tempera, encaustic, collage — even some sculptural effects on these strong and sturdy panels. With slightly beveled, paintable cradle edges, no frame is required: just paint the edges and hang! The American Easel 1-5/8" Deep Painting Panels are available in a wide variety of rectangular and square sizes for any composition. Bring the tradition and versatility of wooden panels to your own artwork with this new line from American Easel!
- Birch plywood painting panels on solid poplar 1-5/8" deep wood cradles
- Smoothly sanded with slightly beveled corners
- Will not flex, stretch, or warp
- Paint the cradle edges and hang as is: no framing necessary!
- Prime with virtually any ground: gesso, pastel primer, glue, mounted paper, and more!
- Ideal for both detailed works and heavier art requiring a strong substrate
- Available in rectangular and square formats
- Made in the USA!