Exceptional Acrylic Mediums -- Made in the USA!
Two consistencies of Prima® Acrylic Mediums are available for the artist: Liquid Mediums and Gel Mediums. Prima® Liquid Mediums range from a thin, water-like liquid, to a light cream consistency, depending on the individual medium. Unlike Prima® Gel Mediums, which support the body of acrylic paints, Liquid Mediums will thin the paint according to individual medium application and amount used. Prima Gel Mediums will increase transparency, extend color and alter the body of acrylic tube colors. It will also enhance brush characteristics, hold moderate impasto texture and improve film durability.
- Acrylic All-Purpose Sealer - Brush over acrylic artwork after it has completely dried to protect it from dibilitating elements, such as sunlight, humidity, dust and oils.
- Acrylic Clear Glaze Medium - Provides a transparent, yet full bodied color, which also extends acrylic colors. It will improve paint adhesion and flow, reduce brush drag and improve film flexibility. Paint mixed with Glazing Medium dries to an even, soft sheen.
- Acrylic Gel Retarder Medium - prolongs the drying time in proportion to the amount added to acrylic paints and will also enhance brushing characteristics.
- Acrylic Liquid Retarder Medium -Mixes well with acrylic artists colors and acrylic house paints to provide a transparent yet full bodied blaze, while also extending its open time. The “Open Time” for this glaze is 5 minutes, depending on amount of medium used and environmental conditions. Improves paint adhesion and flow, reduces paint drag, and improves film flexibility. Dries to an even, soft gloss. Ideal for creating Faux Finishes.
- Acrylic Prima Gloss Varnish - Provides a permanent, protective gloss finishing varnish for canvases and surfaces painted with acrylics. It dries to an even, soft gloss. It can also be used as a painting medium and will thin paint and improve brush flow. Color transparency and gloss effect will increase.
- Acrylic Prima Matte Varnish - Provides a permanent, protective matte finishing varnish for canvases and all surfaces painted with acrylics. It can also be used as a painting medium and will improve brush flow. Drying time will be prolonged and acrylic paints will dry to an even, non-reflective finish.
- Acrylic Prima Satin Varnish - Provides a permanent, protective satin finishing varnish for canvases and all surfaces painted with acrylics. It can also be used as a painting medium and will improve brush flow.