Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Matisse Antiquing, Patina and Marbling Mediums|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
|250 ml Jar|
|250 ml Can|
|4 Litre Pail|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 70% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $148.91 off List|
|(Super Sale Ends 12/31/2014)|
Achieve brilliant decorative effects with these versatile mediums from Matisse!
Part of the beauty of acrylic paint is its adaptability to any myriad of artistic and decorative effects. Now you can use your Matisse acrylic paints for folk art, crafts, and interior decorating as well as fine art painting! This collection of antiquing and patina mediums is sure to inspire you with their exciting decorative effects!
- Faux Finish & Marbling Gel – Also known as 'scumble glaze,' this medium is ideal for creating painted finish techniques using sponges, squeegees, rollers, plastic wrap, stencils, stiff brushes and more! Thins acrylic paints and improves flow for glazing, and is also excellent at creating faux marble finishes as it can prevent colors from mixing.
- Patina (Oil Antiquing Medium) – Designed to be used with artists' oil paint over acrylics to give an aged, weathered appearance. Apply Patina Medium over the piece to be antiqued, using a lint free cotton cloth, then rub a small amount of dark oil paint over the surface, on a cloth also soaked in medium. Then just wipe back oil color with a clean cloth to reveal your newly-antiqued piece!
- Pre-Antiquing Medium – Creates a special barrier layer between your base painting and any antiquing or patina final finishes, preventing abrasion or shifting of the underpainting. Secures base paint layer while still providing a low-tooth finish excellent for continued artwork or final antique finishing.
- Water-Based Patina – An ideal glazing medium for mixtures of as little as 5% paint, this Water-Based Patina contains extra binder so that even the lightest of glazes still remain permanent and water-fast. An excellent way to achieve antique patina effects without using solvents. Simply coat your piece in Water-Based Patina, then rub a small amount of dark Matisse acrylic paint over the piece and wipe back with a clean cloth!
"I use Matisse Structure Acrylics for a thick textured, bold impasto look and Matisse Flow Acrylics for the smooth, highly detailed results. They are also excellent for covering large areas….I am completely sold on Matisse Acrylics. I highly encourage every artist, professional or pleasure painter, to experience these paints for themselves."
- Andy Russell, Professional Artist