Elegant frames with timeless style!
Our most popular ready-made frame style, Plein Aire frames are beloved by artists and framers the world over! With a simple yet elegant design available in 4 classic finishes, Plein Aire frames are perfect for framing all works of art from traditional painted landscapes and portraits to modern digital prints and photography. The 3" wide flat moulding is enhanced by a raised and rounded top edge and offset inner groove, while the 1/2" deep rabbet allows for framing any flat artworks behind glass, or even 3/4" deep canvases with the use of offset clips! Superbly constructed and supplied with hanging hardware in the form of D-rings and screws, Plein Aire frames have a solid wood composition coated in gesso to ensure a smooth, blemish-free surface, and the 4 finish choices are sure to fit with any artwork! Available in Gold Leaf or Silver Leaf with organic lap lines and a light grey glaze, as well as classic satin Black and new dark-glazed Mahogany finishes. Whether you're looking for a classic frame style for your traditional paintings, or a simple fashion to offset your modern prints, Plein Aire frames are sure to suit your fancy!
- Solid, 3" wide moulding with raised edge
- 1/2" rabbet depth allows for glass, one mat and 1/8" backing board
- 1/4" offset clips needed for 3/4" canvas fitting
- 4 beautiful finishes: Gold Leaf, Silver Leaf, Black and Mahogany!
- Sturdy gessoed wood construction
- Comes supplied with D-ring hanging hardware and screws
- Available individually or in bulk packs!
- Perfect for framing anything from traditional paintings to modern prints!
A minimum purchase of 4 assorted Plein Aire frames is required for single items.
Please note: Due to the nature of the leaf used, finishes on Gold and Silver Leaf Plein Aire frames may vary from shipment to shipment.