Matisse Mix-Ins (Dry Mediums)
Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
|Black Flake Hex|
|Geraldton Crushed Garnet|
|Weipa Calcined Bauxite|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 43% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $24.46 off List|
Unique dry mediums for unrivalled textural effects!
These distinctive dry mediums are designed to be mixed with the Matisse range of wet acrylic mediums (and can also be used with oil mediums) to produce textural qualities unparalleled by any other product! Unlimited effects can be achieved by varying the amount of dry to wet medium, though an ideal mixture is one 50ml bottle of Mix-Ins to one 250ml jar of Matisse medium. Create infinite combinations of texture, build ridges and valleys within your artwork, and bulk out your paint with nearly weightless dry mediums perfect for use on large canvases. Any surface imaginable is now achievable to your precise specifications with amazing Matisse Mix-Ins!
Click here to download chart.
- Bathurst Ground Marble - Transparent white powder for adding bulk.
- Black Flake Hex - Sparkly black polyester film flakes.
- Ferrous Powder - Heavy, magnetic powdered iron for texture.
- Geraldton Crushed Garnet - Transparent red powdered gemstone.
- Glass Beads - 0.8mm, 1.5mm, 3mm, or 5mm round glass beads for texture.
- Ground Quartz - Creates a high-tooth surface for pastels and charcoal.
- Lang Lang Sand & Gravel - 5 grades of fine, medium, or coarse sands for texture effects.
- Mica Flakes - Shimmery sheet particles of mica for pearlescent textures.
- Microspheres - Lightweight hollow spheres for building structure and body.
- Mt. Fitton Talc - Fine white powder for thickening paints and carving or sanding.
- Pumice - Lightweight volcanic glass good for creating texture on large canvases.
- Weipa Calcined Bauxite - Multi-toned Australian mineral for rough texture.
- Wollastonite - Alkaline powder for creating textured primers.
"I use Matisse Structure Acrylics for a thick textured, bold impasto look and Matisse Flow Acrylics for the smooth, highly detailed results. They are also excellent for covering large areas….I am completely sold on Matisse Acrylics. I highly encourage every artist, professional or pleasure painter, to experience these paints for themselves."
- Andy Russell, Professional Artist
|SAVE UP TO 43% OFF LIST||Save up to $24.46 off List|
Rollover for information
|36 items in this category.|