Click to Magnify, Double Click to Zoom
|Transparent Gesso 250 ml jar|
|Other Views - Click on Images to Change View|
|250 ml Jar|
|500 ml Jar|
|4 Litre Pail|
When you see this symbol on our site or in advertisements it is a Jerry's Artarama special exclusive brand. The Jerry's Artarama brands offer quality, exceptional performance and value. All Jerry's Artarama Exclusive brands come with a guaranteed 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
|SAVE UP TO 53% OFF LIST|
|Save up to $68.04 off List|
|(Super Sale Ends 12/31/2013)|
Fine gesso for painting in acrylics or oils!
A fantastic painting starts with a fantastic primer, and Australia's premier acrylics manufacturer, Matisse Derivan, has a line of superior gessoes perfect for any number of applications!
- Artist Quality Gesso – This full-bodied, bright white primer has an excellent tooth for paint adhesion, is flexible and permanent, and is perfect for priming paper, canvas, board or wood for paintings in acrylics or oils.
- Black Gesso – Intense black primer for paper, canvas, board, or wood. Permanent and flexible, with a low tooth for good paint adhesion, Black Gesso is excellent for acrylic or oil paintings where a dark background or high contrast are desirable.
- Transparent Gesso – Transparent and flexible acrylic primer for use on paper, board, canvas and wood. Perfect for mixing with Matisse Background Colors to create higher-tooth pastel primers; also excellent for smoothing surfaces in folk art applications.
- Low Viscosity Gesso – Specially formulated for artists who prefer a creamier, lower viscosity primer application. With a bright white, low tooth, flat finish, Low Viscosity Gesso is easy to apply with a brush or knife. At least 2 layers recommended.
"I use Matisse Structure Acrylics for a thick textured, bold impasto look and Matisse Flow Acrylics for the smooth, highly detailed results. They are also excellent for covering large areas….I am completely sold on Matisse Acrylics. I highly encourage every artist, professional or pleasure painter, to experience these paints for themselves."
- Andy Russell, Professional Artist