Since 1964, Derivan has provided artists all over the world with fine acrylic products, including their famous Matisse range of professional acrylics. Based in Australia, the founders wanted to start a company "to make available to artists worldwide a premium paint, whilst remaining environmentally and socially responsible." The company has done just that, growing from a tiny business that operated out of stables in Sydney's inner city, to a multinational corporation.
They are truly an innovative company, introducing the first student grade acrylics in the 1960s, as well as thee first non-toxic screen and block printing inks! Until recently, the company was known as "Matisse Derivan" as Matisse Acrylics were their only product at that time.
Official Entry Form & Entry Procedures Up to two paintings may be entered per contestant, and each painting may be represented by two separate images. The required first image must show the painting in its entirety from the front. The optional second image should show a detail view of the work, such as a closeup of the paint texture or the focal point of the painting.
- Please name each image with the painting title and artist name.
- Works must be submitted as a digital image in JPG format only.
- PowerPoint format is not accepted.
- The image resolution should be no lower than 150 dpi and no higher than 300 dpi.
- The file size should not exceed 6MB (megabytes).
- You will receive e-mail confirmation once your work has been received.
Enter Contest Now