Ampersand Museum Series Gessobord™ is the most trusted pre-gessoed wood panel by artists for their work. Made with Ampersand’s 1/8" True Artist Hardbord™ and Archiva-Seal™ technology, the surface is acid-free, non-yellowing, and archival.
Choose from 3/4", 1.5" and 2” Deep Cradled Panels, all made in the USA; Art Shadowboxes featuring interior Gessobord are set in 2” deep, cradled frames.
- 88% thicker acrylic gesso than other brands
- Consistently even, bright white finish
- Right level of absorbency, will not dull colors
- Archival, eco-friendly, and formaldehyde-free
- Oils, Acrylics, Mixed Media, and brittle media like Caseins and Egg Tempera
- Excellent for anything from fine brushwork to palette knife painting
- Ideal for thin glazing, alla prima, and een impasto
- Plein air painting— 1/8”panels fit easily into pochade boxes