Professional artist Vincent Giarrano explores city life in oil paints!
Connecticut artist Vincent Giarrano is a Contemporary Realist painter. His work is focused on creating impressions that are about real life experience. "I like my paintings to resonate as sincere moments of life," says Giarrano. Quality of light is another major aspect in Vincent's paintings. He favors cool, even light, and how it enhances the mood of his subjects, especially in his paintings of city life. Giarrano's New York City Series deals with the dynamic between people and their environment, as well as the interplay of classic and contemporary elements in this setting.
Giarrano earned a BFA from The State University of New York at Buffalo, and a Master of Fine Art from Syracuse University. His work has been show in galleries across the country, including the prestigious National Portrait Gallery at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Giarrano's work has been featured on the cover of The Artist's Magazine (Oct 2011) and Southwest Art magazine (Jan 2012) and he appears regularly in American Art Collector and other art publications.
- The Artist's Magazine 25th Annual Competition, 2008, finalist
- Greenwich Arts Council, Greenwich, CT, Faces of Winter 2008, Daniel Greene-Judge
- The Artist's Magazine Competition, 2007
- Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX, 2007
- RayMar's Online Competition, 2005-2006
- Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX, 2006
- Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX, 2005
- American Art Collector, City Life, January 2009
- American Art Collector, Three Takes on Realism, June 2008
To learn more about Vincent Giarrano and his beautiful oil paintings, visit his website at www.giarrano.com. And be sure to check back on our blog later, when Vincent will walk us step-by-step through one of his still life paintings done in Charvin Oil Colors!
This Artist Spotlight is brought to you by the Jerry's Artarama Online Art Team — Promoting Art and Artists in our communities. For possible inclusion or to learn more about this program, please email us at email@example.com.