Did you know- Fabriano Watercolor Papers
Facts about One of Europe’s Most Storied Paper Makers
Fabriano, one of Europe’s oldest fine artist paper makes has been famous across the globe for their paper and making it for centuries. Today, we thought we’d share some fun and little known facts about this old, wonderful and storied company and their terrific products.
- The company is currently celebrating their 750th Anniversary as a company meaning that they’ve been making paper since the 13th Century.
- 30 generations of loyal workers have passed since 1264- whole nations, states and empires have been born and died in that time.
- Artists and creators such as Michelangelo, Raphael, Francisco Goya, Beethoven and Giambattista Bodoni, the Italian typist who has several typefaces named after him.
- Fabriano is still today one of the largest producers of the Euro, because of Fabriano paper’s anti-forgery characteristics.
- Jerry’s Artarama carries about 20 different product lines by Fabriano including best sellers like Fabriano Artistico Watercolor Paper line.
- Fabriano watercolor paper makes a great basis for paintings like the one below and has an even and toothy surface for even water absorption and an almost spongy feel that makes it a favorite among printmakers and digital printers as well as watercolors!
- Fabriano Artistico Watercolor Paper has almost a perfect rating from Users on Jerrysartarama.com and has reviews from real artists like:
–“Fabriano Artistico Paper is my first love in Watercolor supplies. I think a watercolorist needs to have a relationship with their paper. I love the texture, the buttery surface and the way the paper lifts so easily. Fabriano Artistico is ALWAYS my first choice in papers”
-“Fantastic! I have been a watercolor painter for years with emphasis on pen and ink detailing. I really love the Fabriano Artistico 300 lb paper in the cold press smooth and rough. It is incredibly forgiving for those of us who have a tendency to try and overwork our paintings. I’m willing to pay extra for the excellent quality of this paper and Jerry’s Artarama has a fabulous price.”
-“Paper is smooth and it is perfect for art journaling. I make my own art journals with this paper. I love the way it feels. I can paint with acrylics and use watercolor if I choose. Very versatile.”
-“This paper will take a beating without falling apart- water, scraping, lifting- just about everything. I’ve been using it for years.”
- Right Now, Jerry’s is sponsoring the Fabriano 750th Anniversary Art Contest!
- For more contest details, rules and to enter or view artwork using Fabriano watercolor papers, check out the Fabriano 750th Anniversary Art Contest Page!
Have you tried Fabriano’s watercolor paper? What do you think about it? Let us know in the comments below or on the review tab of the Fabriano product pages. We’d love to hear from you.