AKUA- Pushing the Limits of Printmaking and Beyond
Originally created by professional printmaker Susan Rostow, Akua Intaglio Inks and Liquid Pigment Inks have pushed artists well beyond the boundaries of traditional printmaking. These revolutionary inks possess unique workingÂ properties that allow artists creative opportunities unlike anything else on the market:
- Formulated to dry through absorption not evaporation, Akua Inks possess incredibly long open times meaning artists don’t have to rush through their work.
- Soy- (Intaglio) and gum- (Liquid Pigment) bases make for easy soap and water clean-up and a completely non-toxic working experience.
- Inks are fume free, removing the need for expensive ventilation systems.
- Line includes an impressive range of modifiers allowing artists to play with transparency and viscosity, increasing the creative potential offered with each use.
- Ideally- suited for a wide range of printmaking techniques, Akua Inks can be utilized for monotype, collagraph, intaglio/ etching and relief printing.
Made from the highest-quality lightfast pigments, Akua Inks appeal to more than just printmakers. Artists from painters to mixed media artists, photographers to animators have found that Akua Inks open up possibilities beyond the expected.
In addition, the Akua Pin Press makes it easy and affordable to print anywhere. See (below) how Susan Rostow incorporates printmaking, painterly techniques and the Pin Press to create stunning works of one-of-a-kind artwork!