Fletcher Framing Tools
In 1868, O.M. Pike, a jeweler in Leverett, Massachusetts, began experimenting with new ways to cut glass, convinced that a diamond was surely not the only way. After many trials, he eventually succeeded, earning a U.S. patent for his “Magic Diamond” invention. Soon thereafter, Pike met Samuel Monce, a machine worker from Bristol, Connecticut. Monce perfected the Magic Diamond, earning another patent as the “Excelsior”, later known as the “Bristol Diamond”. Fred S. Fletcher joined the company four years later, and eventually his brothers Tom and Gayle and his father-in-law Franklin Terry also joined. A new partnership was formed and the fledgling company began manufacturing at the Terry’s family property in Bristol. In 1911, Fred Fletcher compounded the company under the new name they proudly display today: The Fletcher-Terry Company.