Dr. Ph. Martin's Artist Inks and Paints
Salis International, Inc. has been manufacturing Dr. Ph. Martin’s products since 1934, and it was in 1936 when a young Ben Salis began working for his family company, bringing with him a passion for creating new art supplies. Although he was only paid one dollar a week, Ben tirelessly worked, inventing new products and developing patents. It was this drive to succeed that earned him the nickname “Dr. Martin”. Ben Salis eventually became the owner of the company as it earned it’s reputation as one of the world’s finest companies for liquid colors. Dr. Ph. Martin’s is still ran as a family business as they continue to produce quality products for artists the world over.